What is your risk of developing skin cancer
The number that is in the brackets is the points value for each answer.
Write down the points for your answers and add up your total points to work out your risk.
1. What is your gender
Male (1) Female (0)
2. What is your age group
60+ (2) 40-59yrs (1) 39 or less (0)
3. What is your ethnic origin
Northern European or UK (1) Other (0)
4. When you went out in the sun without sunscreen did you burn easily and never tan (or only tan a little bit)? Yes (1) No (0)
5. Since you were born, how many times have you been so severely sunburnt that you peeled and blistered.
More than 5 (2) 2-5 (1) Less than 2 (0)
6. As a teenager, how many moles and/or freckles did you have?
Many (2) Some (1) Few or none (0)
7. Has anyone in your immediate family had a melanoma
Yes (1) No (0)
8. Have you had sun spots burnt of frozen
More than 10 (3) 1-10-(2) None (0)
9. Have you had any type of skin cancer cut out
More than 10 (6) 1-10 (4) None (0)
10. Were any of the skin cancers in question 9 a Melanoma
Yes (3) No (0)
4 to 8
What you should do
If you haven't had a skin check in the past year, get a check as soon as possible
Start with a skin check by a doctor
See a doctor for a one off skin check.
Remember that low risk is not NO RISK